About the Course: This course provides participants with specific information regarding targeted cyber-attacks, including advanced persistent threats. This information will place them in a better position to plan and prepare for, respond to, and recover from targeted cyber-attacks. This course will fill the gap in threat-specific training for cybersecurity as a community-driven course that focuses on the phases of targeted cyber-attacks and the attacker methods used during each phase. Participants will also receive valuable information on cyber-attack prevention, mitigation and response.
· What is a Targeted Cyber Attack/Advanced Persistent Threat
· Phases of a Targeted Cyber Attack
· Developing the Attack Surface
· Types of Reconnaissance
· Inside the Target’s System
· Managing Targeted Cyber Attacks
Prerequisites: Students must have a FEMA SID number to attend the class.
· FEMA SID numbers can be obtained at https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
· Information Security and Cybersecurity Personnel
· Emergency Responders
· Risk Management Personnel
· Emergency Planners
· Emergency Managers
· Healthcare Representatives
· Public Works
· Personnel responsible for identifying and responding to cyber incidents and those involved in development of organization strategies.
Registration: Registration will open on October 1, 2019 for this event on MITRAIN